So, enough explaining myself, I should probably get to the part where I catch up on all I've missed writing.
Here are some updates:
- I'm not sure if I already wrote something about this, but Lexi has had a chronic double ear infection since at least March, but probably more like February or January because I was a typical FTM that didn't know her cues. She's had trapped fluid in her ear this entire time that won't drain on it's own even after several courses of antibiotics and it's effecting her hearing quite a bit which explains a lot of the speech delay going on. She's doing awesome with her sign language so we know that cognitively she is right on track if not advanced. The ENT guesses she has about 30-40% hearing loss due to the fluid. Because of this she is having tubes placed tomorrow. We're hoping that will help a lot.
- She is now seeing a speech therapist who also is strongly thinking once her tubes are in that we'll see a huge change there. Especially since she was beginning to form words before all of this happened.
- She is an excellent walker. She's been doing really well for awhile now. I no longer have to watch her at all. She can cruise around the house without me worrying about her taking a header into something. It's really given me a lot more freedom and she's so much happier now. She's starting to do better at following me in public places and listening to instruction but she does get pretty distracted by her surroundings!
- Lexi is so much more affectionate now than she's ever been. She loves to give me kisses and hugs. My non-cuddler is now all about it. She even lets me rock her in the rocking chair before I put her down. Something she used to never let me do. I feel like her sensory issues are improving a lot.
- She is now an avid jazzerciser. The video below says it all. We went to breakfast on Sunday morning and she walked down the sidewalk past a Jazzercising class where she decided she'd like to join in. Sound is a must on this one. And yes, she is very much ...white.