Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Amazing Weekend followed by a Dis-appointment

My trip to the mountains with my best friend Sarah this weekend was amazing. I was having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that I had absolutely no obligations and could do whatever I wanted. The freedom was unlike anything I have felt for a long time. We arrived at the resort in the early evening on Friday, got settled in and then had a nice relaxing dinner. After that we went back to the room and watched a movie and then went to bed and slept in (ahhhh). We ordered room service for breakfast the next day and just relaxed and read before our spa appointment at 1. The massage was to die for. It was just what I needed. The rest of the day was spent in the hot tub, by the pool and then at the movies later that evening. We headed home the next day after a nice breakfast in Vail Village. I wasn't ready for it to end. I would post pictures but I was a dork and brought my camera without the memory card so all the photos were taken by Sarah.

Yesterday was The Chubs' 9 month check up. I knew that due to the teething and poor eating as of late that she probably wouldn't have gained much or gained at all. I was not prepared, however for a loss. She weighed in 3.5 oz less than her last appointment. I was devastated. This loss was so hard to swallow. We have been feeding her round the clock (every 3 hours) all day and night for the past few weeks. There is nothing more we can really do at this point. If she continues to lose weight a feeding tube will be imminent. We have been lingering in the 12 lb. range since late May. We were so close to 13 lbs at her last check up but now we've slipped back to 12 1/2 lbs. once again. I'm tired, I'm overwhelmed, and I'm frustrated. There isn't much more to say about it. I would love to post a happy go-lucky 9 month post about all the fun and exciting things she's doing now but that will have to wait. I'm just not in the mood.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ellie, I can only imagine how frustrated you are. I know that a feeding tube is the last thing that you want for her and I really hope it doesn't come to that.

    I am glad you had a nice time with your girlfriend. You really deserved a weekend away.

    ReplyDelete