Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Half Birthday Recap (And because I love grossing people out with snot photos)



(Yum... snot.)

(The Chubs first half birthday cake, made with love by Grama and Grampa)

At six months, The Chubs:
  • Weighs almost 11 lbs. We are so close I can taste it!
  • Is eating terribly, which we are still trying to figure out. Usually only about 18-20 oz a day with polycose added to my breast milk to add extra calories.
  • Is not too impressed with solids but will eat better if I feed them to her by finger rather than a hard spoon. Has tried rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, carrots, and bananas.
  • Is still wearing 0-3 month clothing, but can fit into some 3-6 month clothing although they're a little loose.
  • Can roll from tummy to back.
  • Does much better with tummy time (we can even get some smiles out of her - major improvement!).
  • Loves to "stand" with assistance. Spends most of her time in her Hop 'n Pop just standing.
  • Can sit for a second or two before toppling over.
  • Loves to suck and chew on her hands. Especially loves sucking her thumb.
  • Is pretty much always smiling until she gets tired. Loves to socially interact with people.
  • Is probably teething. Drools constantly and almost always has her hands in her mouth. All signs point to mouth discomfort but nothing has really helped alleviate it.
  • Has her very first cold, but is a real good sport about it.
  • Just keeps getting more and more fun by the day. We love that girl!
And just a quick recap on the cold situation. A fellow blog momma gave me some great tips for dealing with The Chub Muffin's cold. They have really helped. Last night I slept on her floor again and she did alright. She was definitely congested but I kept giving her saline drops, suctioning her out (which she hates with a firey passion) and rubbing vicks on her chest. The humidifier made that room feel like a sauna but it was great for her congestion. Today (so far) it seems like she is noticeably better. Her nose is still running but it isn't nearly as bad as it was yesterday. I did find her drenched in spit up this morning. How did I miss hearing that episode? I don't know. I think I was passed out like a zombie on the floor. Anyway, I immediately gave her a bath. Her hair was drenched and she reeked of vomit. I think all the drainage from her nose into her stomach has made her stomach a little upset. Other than some frantic crying sessions last night before bed, she has handled everything fairly well. I'm very proud of her. In other not-so-fun news, I think I'm getting sick. A night in my own bed might help me out a little.

Happy 6 months sweet girl.


4 comments:

  1. I just about spit out my pop ready to die laughing from the snot pictures. LOVE it!! What a doll. & loving all of her hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She might be the only person in the world that can look so completely adorable with snot all over her face! Glad she's feeling a little better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the cake looks pretty sad. It's the thought that counts!

    Sure glad the Chubs is getting better, but sorry to here that the mama is starting to suffer. Not surprising after cleaning up snot and sleeping on the floor for several days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the pictures! How fun!

    ReplyDelete