Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To trim or not to trim?


The muffin's hair has grown well past her eyes now when combed straight down. Now the question is: should I give her her first haircut at 6 months? Or should I let her dark long locks grow wild and pin them back if needed? Right now I clip them back in a barrette every now and then or brush her bangs to the side. When she rubs her eyes she often gets the hair in her eyes and it gets greasy pretty quickly, but it's just so darn cute. She's sporting a reversed mullet right now with her hair rubbed short in the back and long on the top and sides. So, what would you do? Cut, or keep?

5 comments:

  1. Well, Camden and I definitely don't have this issue. He is still pretty much a baldy, with some very thin blonde hair here & there. But I don't know if I'd have the heart to cut hair just yet...I'd probably keep pinning it back at least for a while longer. But I'm a sap like that & will surely cry at the first haircut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri, I'm a sap too. Just thinking about it makes me sentimental. I know it gets in her way but I'm guessing by now she's used to it? At least I hope :) I'd love to keep it longer as long as it doesn't bother her too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a genuine fan of the Chubs' long hair, but speaking for one who is unable to speak for herself: "I wish Mommy would get that stuff out of my eyeballs."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cut. I think the Chubs would look ADORABLE with bangs framing those cute eyes of hers. Leave the rest alone. A compromise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it long and rock the reverse mullet! In my baby photos I didn't have a whole lot of hair on the sides and kind of looked like I had a floppy faux-hawk.

    ReplyDelete