Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sicks Months?

What a better way to celebrate your half birthday than to wake up at 3:30am blowing snot bubbles out of your nose? Poor little Chub Muffin is sick. When I went in to check on her last night, snot covered her cheeks, nose and mouth. She was crying and miserable. I spent the next hour rocking her until she was drowsy enough to fall back asleep again and I ended up sleeping on the floor next to her in her room since she had a few phlegmy spit ups that made her gag and made me a little too nervous to leave her alone in her room for the rest of the night. This means we are both exhausted today. But that won't keep me from celebrating my baby's first half year of her life. We are, afterall, party animals.


(I should get a medal for posting a photo of myself 3 weeks post partum)

Celebrating can take on many forms though. It may mean laying around watching Clifford or Sesame Street on PBS because e-e-e-e-elmo likes half birthdays. It's bound to be an eventful day full of kleenex, suction bulbs and mucus. Lodi Dodi we likes to Paaaa(r)ty.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor Chubs. I hope she feels better soon. That sounds pretty miserable. Happy 6 months to her though!! Wish her a happy birthday from her future husband too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy half birthday to you, my little Senorita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! Hope she gets to feeling better soon. We have only had one cold, but it was a doozie! I'm sure you know all of this, but here are some tips that worked wonders for us...

    1- Humidifire (I put a few drops of peppermint oil in it).
    2- Baby Vicks. I put a dab on his chest and heated up a baby washcloth with my hairdryer so that it would be warm. I put that rag on top to help it heat up the vicks. It worked GREAT!
    3- Elevate the crib matress. I just rolled up a Blanket and put it under the matress. This just helps the snot from settling in their heads.
    4- Baby Saline and the Boogie Sucker! Nuff said :)

    Hope those help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww - I am sorry for the both of you. It will make for a long day. But happy half year birthday!!

    ReplyDelete