Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where did it go?

Today while playing with The Chubs, I noticed she was bearing down and grunting, and her face was turning red, so I figured she was working on something, which often happens in the late afternoon. After letting her sort things out below, I smelled a poopy diaper so I figured I'd just change her right there on the floor.

I checked her diaper and sure enough there was a pile of goopy poop. Sorry for the detailed description but it is important that you know the consistency for the rest of the story.

So I cleaned her little bum up, still keeping the dirty diaper under her, and then pulled it out like I normally do to wrap it up. When I pulled it out I realized there was no longer a glob of poop in it. I looked around her frantically to make sure it wasn't smeared on the carpet, or hadn't gotten on me somehow, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Finally I actually looked up at Lexi and saw her holding the glob in her hand and mushing it around with her fingers while staring intently at it. I don't know how I missed it, or how I failed to see her grab it, but I took action immediately by wiping her hands vigorously, and then taking her to the sink to wash them. I'm just so glad that it didn't disappear into her mouth.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh.my.gosh. I am dying. I guess you'll be moving her poopy diaper out of the way right away from now on!

    I saw a post on BBC titled "What's the grossest thing your toddler has done?" People posted about their toddlers EATING dog vomit and dog poop. Bet her poopy hands don't seem quite as disgusting anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! this is actually one of my worst fears!! i would probably die in digust. sorry....but this made me chuckle a little too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAH!!! I bet your heart skipped a beat when you didn't see it, and then another when you realized where it was!!! My friend's child used to take his diaper off in his crib (after taking clothes off). One day she discovered he had fingerpainted in poo all over- himself and the crib. I'm so glad Lexi was just staring at it!

    But on the other hand... weren't you just a little happy that she was okay with exploring the texture? :P (Just kidding!)

    ReplyDelete