Saturday, April 17, 2010

Taking a Jillian Michaels approach to tummy time

Ok, no more Mrs. Nice Guy. Why? Because MNG gives in, aims to please, and lets you off the hook when you don't feel like working out. For the past few months I've been fairly easy on The Chubs. If she starts fussing after 30 seconds on her tummy, I take her off. Where has this gotten us? Absolutely no where! Recommended tummy time is 15 minutes a day. We probably do 4 minutes on a good day if you combine all the sessions together.

Today I took more of a Jillian Michaels approach with her. She was on her tummy for probably about 45 seconds, and started to whine. I immediately told her firmly. "Look little muffin, babies all across the country have to do this same exact thing everyday. You are not the exception. Do you want to roll over? Sit up? Eventually crawl and walk like ME?!? Well it's time to buck up and take this like a man (or in your case, small infant Chubadub). No more excuses!"

I wonder if I could hire Jillian to make an appearance on our tummy time mat, and talk some sense into my lazy little girl (without the profanities por favor).

No comments:

Post a Comment