Thursday, February 25, 2010

We're here!

Well, I had everything all planned out for yesterday so that it would somewhat fit Chubbers' schedule. For the most part things went well, although obviously not perfect (I didn't expect perfection). She took her morning and mid-day nap at home before we left. Then right after her mid-day nap I got her up, fed her and we took off for the airport. I pumped on the way there using the nifty medela pump and save bags which are a lifesaver when you don't want to have to wash out extra bottles or don't have the option to do so.

I was hoping Senorita Chub Chubs would nap on the way to the airport, but no such luck. She was bright eyed and alert up until we were about to board the plane. She got a little fussy for bit but then I put her in a sling and she ended up napping for about 15 minutes in that until the plane took off. My husband fed her on take-off and she did really well. In fact she was great the entire plane ride. No fussing or anything and she ended up napping for about 30 minutes on his lap. There was a screaming baby across the aisle which made us feel so much better knowing that if that happened, we were in good company. In fact there were a LOT of babies on this flight (all of which were in the back part of the plane with us and most were crying) so my nerves were calmed by that fact alone. I felt bad for everyone else though!

We tried feeding The Chubs again when we landed but she wasn't interested. This meant that she had to wait until we got to the in-laws to eat again. I was worried about that since it was a long time for her to wait but we had no choice. Once we got to grama and grampa's house we fed her immediately but she was so tired from not really sleeping since 2pm AND being 2 hours past her bedtime that she didn't do very well and was very fussy. I was afraid since she was so off schedule, overly tired and hadn't eaten very well that day that she wouldn't sleep well last night but she was a trooper and did a 9 hour stretch (from 9pm to 6am), ate then went back to bed until 8:45.

It's very clear today that she's a little cranky from getting off track of the norm, but I think by this evening she'll be back on schedule and in a little better of a mood! She's currently napping in the other room getting her beauty sleep.

The weather is beautiful here and just what I needed. I haven't experienced a sunny 70 degree day in months and I'm looking forward to laying out and soaking up the sun in the next several days that we're here. I'll post some pictures when I have them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad she did well on the flight and with the change in schedule. That makes me feel better. I always worry about how it will affect Camden when we travel or just need to be out somewhere during one of his scheduled naptimes since schedules seem to be so important at this age. I'm glad to know it's not the end of the world if things get thrown off track a bit. Enjoy AZ! I'm jealous of your 70 degree weather. It was snowing here this morning. I'm so ready for spring!!