Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why Senorita Chub Chubs?

The above picture shows what we call "bath face". Clever name huh? And yes, we did come up with it all on our own. The Chubs makes this face every single time she takes a bath. It's a pleased and very alert expression with a hint of chubbiness (notice the double chin and pudgy cheeks).

That's not where she got her nickname though, I just wanted to show a cute picture.

Ever since we brought the little Senorita into the world, my husband and I have gotten very little sleep. Even when he doesn't get up to help feed her, he is subject to hearing me climb in and out of bed and to the melodic buzzing of my pump at 3am in the morning. When he does not sleep well, he has been known to talk in his sleep very animated and very loudly.

We've had some very deep conversations in the middle of the night as he lays his heart out on the line.

Example:

Him: (almost yelling) "WOAH! I guess nothing is getting blown away tonight!!!"
Me: "What?"
Him: "The chairs, they got blown away last time!"
Me: "They did? What chairs?"
Him: "Yeah, the black ones!"
Me: (noticing he is clearly talking in his sleep, roll over and pass out)

Another Example (this happened after we got our video monitor):

Me: (crawling back into bed)
Him: Where is she?
Me: In her crib where else would she be?
Him: On the tv screen!
Me: What?

I later found out what he meant was he wanted to see her on the video monitor but because he was half asleep didn't know how to say that.

When The Chubs was going through a growth spurt and I was up every few hours at night, this really took a toll on his sleep (and yeah I guess it effected mine as well....)

Me: (climbing back into bed) Wow, she took 4oz!
Him: (almost yelling again) Woah!
Me: Yeah, I gave her 2 1/2 but she still seemed hungry so I heated up more and she just kept eating!

About 5 minutes later:

Him: (in a high pitched falsetto tone) Little Miss Chub Chubs!
Me: Who are you talking to?
Him: Her!
Me: (laughing)
Him: (embarrassed because he's starting to wake up) Babe... don't laugh at me.

And so was born the beginnings of the Chub Chub name. The Senorita was added in place of "Little Miss" one day when we went to a local mexican restaurant with her for dinner.

So there you have it. And one more picture just for good measure:

No comments:

Post a Comment